Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Almost.

I am currently unable to sleep. It's 4am. What does that mean? You guessed it: incessant rambling, disjointed prose, worthless words.

I am two exams away from finishing up my time at Calvin College. I'm not so much shocked or terrified or anxious as I am stunned that four years goes by so fast. I've got a lot of memories (One sec... somehow Avril Lavigne is on my iPod... must... change... song. Wilco. Much better.) built up, but I don't feel like it's four years' worth. Guess I'll have to make a lot of memories in the next couple days to compensate. We'll see how that goes.

Lately I've been putting more thought into my musical preferences. I'm not attempting to become more selective, but more conscious of why I like what I do. It's tough to discern that sometimes, but it's an interesting exercise. Why do I find one band or genre to be repulsive but others click? I'll probably never know, but I think baby steps are in order. Someday maybe it'll just make sense.

I haven't taken my contacts out for something like 6 weeks now. I think I'm only supposed to leave them in a month, but they seem to be working alright yet. Takes a little longer to de-gunk in the morning, but that's alright. Blinking a few extra times never hurt anyone.

Sometimes I wish I were a little more opinionated. The only arguments that get me worked up are those about Michigan sports. That might say something about my priorities and their jumbled order, but it's one of the things I feel like I know enough about to have an opinion on. I hate the thought of taking a position on an important issue and getting all up in someone's face about it without knowing all the facts.

iPod is on shuffle right now. Quickly, the next 10 songs to come up are:
Gavin DeGraw - Nice to Meet You Anyway
Jay-Z - Challenger
Hootie & The Blowfish - I Only Wanna Be With You
Frank Sinatra - Summer Wind
Bryan Adams - I'll Be Right Here Waiting
Jason Mraz - A Beautiful Mess
Flight of the Conchords - Intro
My Morning Jacket - I'm Amazed
GooGoo Dolls - Black Balloon
Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars

Interesting(?)

Strangely enough, I'm still not even close to being tired. At this point I'd probably be better served staying up for the remainder of the night as far as my 9o'clock exam is concerned. I'm going to regret the decision once I hit PHLB, de-roofing a house, and enjoying the final Celebratory Stogie Smoke, but that's a situation I'll just have to deal with I think.

That's all I've got.

1 comment:

  1. OO BOY! Good luck on the exam bro. You shoulda came and woke me up. I woulda hung out.

    ReplyDelete