Monday, July 26, 2010

Changes.

After a fantastic week of hanging out with friends, going to the beach, Seadooing, playing cards, watching movies, and resting (and working I suppose), it's starting to sink in that this probably won't happen ever again after this summer. I'm not anticipating losing contact with all of my friends, but from here on out it's only going to get more and more difficult to get everyone together in one place. As I move on to grad school in Ann Arbor, everyone else moves on to their next step as well.

I'm not all that nervous about grad school beyond the requisite uneasiness about how hard classes will be, who I'll meet, and how I'll eventually pay for it, but I'm disappointed that the current phase in my life has to end. Between saying goodbye to old friends, new friends, and acquaintances it's finally hitting me that this is actually happening, and it sucks. For the moment I don't want anything to do with more responsibility, more freedom, and growing up in general. I want to go to the beach and throw a football around instead.

If I were writing an essay for a class, now would be the time when I would flip the mood of this post on its head and describe how the thought of Michigan football games, engaging classes, and a tidal wave of new friends is going to make all of my cares float away on a cloud as I'm left with the glorious euphoria of the unexplored future.

Meh.

I'll write that post later. None of it would be true at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, you're not the only one that thinks it sucks. Although, the Michigan football games are definitely a plus. :)

    ReplyDelete