Sunday, January 23, 2011

Relax.

Relaxation is not a foreign concept to me. If you know me, you know that I relax way too much. I have been trying, with varying degrees of success, to work on improving the quality of my resting time.

The first thing that improvement requires is the phasing out of procrastination. Coincidentally, that happens to be the thing I find most difficult. With TV and the internet, there is always something to do instead of what I should be doing. Procrastination has been covered on my blog already I believe, so there is no need to rehash it except to say that it is wildly destructive and unnecessary.

So that brings me to my actual point. I spent quite a bit of time over the last few weeks engaging in useful relaxation. Whether it was going on a brewery tour around West Michigan, going to a couple of Michigan Basketball games, or finally getting to a couple of Ann Arbor landmarks (The Jolly Pumpkin and Blimpy Burger), there was always one common denominator that made the difference: good company.

We are social creatures, and while I happen to be an introvert, rebuilding energy while I am by myself, I always come away from good conversation refreshed and ready to get back to the grind.

Now if only I could convince myself to turn off the The Dark Knight and focus on a couple of assignments, I would be all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment