Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter.

Every Easter I imagine God thinking, "You know what, I gave them language and I gave them bodies, but I don't think I'm going to give them the ability to quite express this emotion."

One of the biggest lessons I continue to learn is that nothing I do will ever express my gratitude. I sing songs in Church, I pray, I try so hard to do something that allows me to step back afterwards and say, "Yes. That's exactly how I feel."

It never works out that way. It comes out jumbled. I miss a note. I close my eyes during a hymn and use "Thee" instead of the "You" that's been displayed and the dissonance makes me cringe. I trip over the words in my own head. My mind wanders even though I beg it not to just this once.

But that's the best part.

Every Easter I imagine God saying, "I know what you mean. You're welcome."

No comments:

Post a Comment